Friday, April 10, 2009

Run

I'm lovein' the new Nike Men Vs. Women Challenge commercial. It's fun and it gets you excited. I'm not a runner, and now I want to run (of course, Gnarls Barkley's song helps a lot). Like some other Nike commercials, this one also makes competition seem so much fun. AdAge calls it the "battle of sexes". Of course it's a competition between men and women, but at the end of the day, I don't think it really matters who wins. It's more important that people enjoy the run, and have fun, lots of fun.

For Nike, it's another successful campaign. Branding has always been Nike's strength. Their commercials send playful and cheerful messages to their audience, and encourage them to play and enjoy sports. Nike is also one of the early players who send their customers to their websites. This one is the same. It pushes people to their website, where you can see the number of miles going up every second. Once you get on their website, you may sign up for it; one you sign up for it, you may be hooked, and that's how Nike gains another fan.

Yesterday, I was in a class, where we were talking about the Nike in the women's market. I looked at myself, realized that I was wearing Nike shoes, socks, and had a Nike water bottle in my bag. Then I rememberred I had Nike swim suit, cap, clothes and more shoes at home....I didn't even know I was such a Nike fan. After I got home, I check my email and there was an email from my mom, she said that she went shopping yesterday, got herself a pair of Nike shoes, and got anothe pair for me...all of a sudden it's Nike everywhere...How do I not buy Nike stuff when I'm surrounded by Nike?

At the end, I would like to share my all time favorite Nike commercial. Watch it. Get hooked. Become a fan. Just do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment